HI GUYS! I wanted to share some of the major trends that I am saw during New York Fashion Week (NYFW). I went to a few shows this NYFW and I heavily stalkeddd the streetstyle from this past season to uncover some of the biggest trends. Also by doing this- it really has been inspiring me and getting me excited to get dressed and to create outfits!
*Friendly reminder: When shopping for new pieces that are on trend, remember to pick pieces that you think could be a classic staple piece in your closet, or you can wear in different seasons.
Trends from the Runways to the Streets
1) Lots of Tulle
2) Dresses as shirts – I am talking long maxi dresses, but not fully buttoned and worn with jeans
3) Gloooooooves – how fancy?! NEED.
4) Tie Dye – Not sure how this became such a big trend, but it was everywhere
5) Belting – Belt your coat, your scarf, your blazer to your suit. You can never go wrong with belting anything.
6) Pants tucked into Cowboy Boots… So. Many. Cowboy boots! This western trend is def a timeless trend!
7) BOLD COLORS, and NEON is still here
8) Power Suiting – this is the year of the matching suit
9) Monochrome colors – keep the outfit all the same color, or at least similar tones
10) My personal fave: Fringe and feathers!
The bag of the season: The Fendi Baguette!
Last year it was the Dior saddle bag (which I am still dying for + is still on my wishlist). Keeping on trend with the small bags – HELLO MY PERSONAL FAVE – is moving to Fendi. Another example of bringing back a vintage bag, Fendi is bringing back the baguette. What’s great about these trends is that you can either buy the new season, or buy the unique vintage bags at What Goes Around or The Real Real.
YEAR OF THE HAIR ACCESSORIES
Not sure if you noticed, but hair accessories are here to stay. Everything from Headbands to Hair Clips, these are some of the funnest trends going on, and the easiest. You can put really any kind of clip (or scrunchie) in your hair and you will look on trend. These clips and headbands can be expensive like the Lele Sadoughi headband, or you can literally pick up little clips from your local drug store or Amazon. All I know is this trend definitely makes me feel like a little girl again.
Boots: Steven Madden (sold out everywhere, but these look very similar– unsure about this site though) (similar / similar / similar / similar / similar)
Jacket: ASOS (similar / similar / similar / similar)
Pants: Zara (similar)
Sweater: Z Supply
Bag: GiGi New York